Private Chef Turks and Caicos - Conch Ceviece
Updated: May 18, 2019
Conch Ceviche is a delicious way to prepare this sweet shellfish native to the Caribbean, and abundant in the beautiful Turks and Caicos Islands. This recipe is colourful and refreshing appetizer or entree, and no one knows Conch better than the team at Crave TCI.
Serves 4 as an appetizer
· 1 pound cleaned fresh conch, diced
· 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
· 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 tablespoon kosher salt
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
· 1/2 European (hothouse) cucumber, peeled and minced
· 1/2 yellow bell pepper, minced
· 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
· 1/4 red onion, minced
· fresh chili
· 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
· 1/4 ripe Florida avocado, diced, or 1/2 ripe Haas avocado (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients except the tomato and avocado in a large bowl.
- Stir and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- To serve, fold in the tomato and avocado. Transfer to 4 chilled glasses or serving bowls.